Ever have a bad day? How about a bad attitude? We all find ourselves battling grumpiness from time-to-time, but your bad attitude doesn't have to ruin your day! So what do you do?
2. Talk it Out. Sometimes when you're frustrated the best thing you can do is tell someone. Trying to keep things bottled up just makes it worse! Notice, I said tell someone, not everyone. Running your mouth to everyone you know (or perhaps posting on Facebook) will definitely make things worse. Instead find a Godly friend you can trust, preferably someone who is going to tell you the truth and not just make you feel justified in your grumpiness.
3. Do Something. By that I mean do something other than complain or dwell on the things that just add fuel to your fire. Distract yourself! It's hard for me to be in a bad mood when I'm busy being productive.
4. Take a Break. Okay, so sometimes you try to distract yourself only to find that everything you do goes horribly wrong. In that case, just take a break. Relax. Read a Book. Play with your children. Sit on the back porch and dream about happier times. Take 15 mins and hopefully you'll find yourself right as rain.
5. Think about Happy Things. And while your on your 15 minute break, don't forget to think about happy things. Philippians 4:8 tells us to think about things that are uplifting and encouraging. If your version of relaxation involves thinking of ways to kill your husband, chances are it won't be all that encouraging.
6. Show Kindness. The best way to feel love is to show love. It's hard to be mad at someone when you are doing something nice for them. Last time I was irritated, I wrote "I love you" notes and put them in my husband's shirt pockets. When I started writing "I love you," I'm pretty sure I really meant "I can't stand you right now!," but after the 4th or 5th note I found myself feeling much better.
7. Bite Your Tongue. Sometime the kindest way to show love is to keep your mouth shut! If you are feeling a sudden urge to verbally lash everyone you come in contact with then if may be time to zip your lips! Remember, bad moods will eventually pass, but words spoken in anger can have a lasting impact. If in doubt, just keep quiet!
8. Ice Cream. Let's face it. Some bad mood can only be cured with a big bowl of ice cream. Just make sure this isn't your go-to option for dealing with stress. Prayer has a lot fewer calories!
9. Avoid Frustrating Situations. When the grumpy bug bites you, by all means, avoid going to Wal-Mart! Bumping buggies and having to make small talk with strangers isn't going to make your day any better.
10. And of course if all else fails, just Blog About It! It's hard to be a bad mood when you are writing about squelching a bad attitude. Let me tell you I feel much better :)
Chime in! How do you deal with the a bad attitude?