I love to bake. I like making cookies, cakes, breads, just anything really. However, when it comes to desserts, I am convinced there is nothing better than a pan of fresh brownies.
- They are super easy to whip up from scratch (Don't give in the the box!).
- The ingredients are easy to keep on hand (always be prepared for chocolate happiness!).
- They are quick to make in a hurry (10 min prep, 30 mins to bake).
- They don't require icing or fancy decorating (great for me totally non-artistic me).
We love the rich dark chocolate taste. They aren't nearly as sweet as regular brownies which makes them perfect for when you want that little bit of indulgence without going over the top. I've tried several recipes, but this one takes the cake (and replaces it with brownies). Enjoy!
Dark Chocolate Brownies
1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 bag dark chocolate chips
3. Add eggs one at a time and mix well with a wooden spoon.
3. Add the flour, salt, and baking powder; mix well.
4. If you want, add the dark chocolate chips.
4. Pour into a greased 8 x 8 pan.
5. Bake 30 mins at 350 degrees.
Note: If you want to use 9 x 13 pan, then double the recipe and be prepared for some thick brownies!
Now, you want something extra special? Replace the chocolate chips with a cup of Andes Mints. Dark Chocolate Mint Brownies?!?! Amazing, Simply Amazing!
Want more great dessert ideas? Check out my friends over at Smockity Frocks!